Saturday, April 18, 2015

Geometry Dash... Genius or Genocide??? (Review)

Here we go again... yet another game that continues to hand it to me. Strangely, I actually like this whooping. In all seriousness... this game is awesome!!! If you haven't played it yet, drop whatever you're doing... well... read this post. Comment on it. Share it. Theeeeeen drop everything you're doing, and download it!!! Being the cost efficient (tight fisted) person I am, I downloaded the Lite (free) version on my phone and I can't put it down. I haven't been this addicted to a game since bubble pop. Just so you know, the game isn't called bubble pop, I just called it that and now that's it's been a couple years I can't recall it's true name. Bubble pop is a better name anyways lol. But back to the subject at hand.



If you don't know what Geometry Dash is, it's a side scroller where you are a little square and all you have to do is jump. Simple right? No. Not simple. Very unsimple. In this game, they throw the book at you slowly but surely. Each level, teaching you a more advanced aspect of the game. Alongside teaching you, that you and your time are expendable lol. This game is the perfect example of a simple concept that can be transformed into the very definition of try and try again. But just with about fifty more tries tacked onto it. I'll post some links to what I'm talking about at the end of this post. Now usually I would say "Bump this game", if a game makes you do the same thing over and over again. Perfect example: Why Bloodborne...Why???

But I think I know why this game has me hooked. Two words. The Music!!! It is super catchy. And the crazy thing is, that is one of the very many things that can mess you up. You're hopping along with your little square, trying not to hit any triangles or rectangles, pretty much any shape that isn't square. SMH... shapists. Suddenly, this soft little beat that they comfort you with, turns into this hot beat and the bass is hitting really hard making you want to bob your head. And of course when u do a record scratches, the music abruptly stops and without warning, you're back at square one. LITERALLY!!! I'm not mad at them for that though because level two will very soon be my ringtone lol.

This game is all in all pretty good. It's simple enough for most ages to get the hang of it, hard enough to keep people's interest, and ruthless enough to challenge the crazy hardcore (win or die) gamers. I didn't necessarily mean this to be a review but, it kind of is now soooo... Geometry Dash gets a...






Hershey Bar Rating

Much like the Hershey Bar, Geometry Dash has a simple premise. But with the slightest adjustments,
it can transform into a lot of crazy but amazing things that reach out and grab several types of audiences. Plus, I've been told that both the candy and game can make you go NUTS. You see what I did there... No? Ok, The thing that really bonds the two, are their ability to become something so different from where they began but still hold true to their original design. Something that not many things or people for that matter, can do. Plus, both give you the urge to snap a square in half.

Sooooo... Genius or Genocide???... Genius. It makes you want to pull your hair out... but in a good way. I think lol.





Hey guys thank you so much for taking the time to read the post, it is much appreciated. Hopefully for those of you who haven't played the game yet, it encouraged you to play it, but probably not lol. Either way, I hope you enjoyed it. Don't forget to click on the link below to go to my twitch if you haven't already and follow so we can kick it and stream. And please feel free to comment, I want it to be as interactive as possible. Both the blog and the stream. I play with viewers when I can. I don't know if you're aware but I am both a song writer and an author so I have created a donations option to your right, if you would like to help me further my twitch streaming, publish and copyright my books, and purchase a decent microphone so I can record  my music and sell it properly.
For more information on how to buy songs and hear samples, email me @ lovethemusiclivethelyrics@gmail.com. All inquiries are welcome.

This is game is available for PC, IOS, and Andriod
Download it the full game for 3.99 or the lite version for free.

For a chuckle, check out these posts: It's coming... But it didn't lol aaaaaaannnnnd Mario lovers BEWARE!!!

Don't forget to follow the blog, add me to your circles, +1 the post and SHARE ON EVERYTHING!!! Thanks again guys and until next time...

To all players I say, GameON

OMG I almost forgot, here's a link to one of my favorite youtubers playing geometry dash!!! Check him out: DashieGames








No comments: