Friday, July 18, 2014

Mario Kart 8... The Death Stare

Have you ever played a game vs an A.I. and though you know that there is no way possible that this A.I. could have negative feelings towards you, you just can't help but feel it's a tad personal?

Well Nintendo resurrected those gamer instincts in Mario Kart 8. And by that I mean this... 



The Luigi Death Stare

Of course it has become an overly used internet meme as all unique and funny things eventually do but it's still pretty funny lol... One of the things that I have come to love about this game and Nintendo in general is that even though it is a recycled idea, (no we don't like to think of it that way but let's be honest with ourselves) they find ways to make it new and fun. I mean the tracks are both epic and unique. They remind me of times as a kid playing the side scroll version of Mario when he was nothing but colored pixels. 

On a side note though, I don't know if it's just by coincidence or not but in Mario Kart 8, it seems to create these underlying rivalries between characters, both between you and an A.I. and even between two A.I.'s. I don't know if that was a sneaky little programming part or not but it makes the game a lot more alive and competitive in my opinion, which is ALWAYS a good thing. Especially on a game franchise. No one wants to buy a bunch of different games but feel like they've only played one.

I will say this though. The internet has completely over looked the other characters in this game. They all have moments where they look like if they'd stab you in your sleep, given the chance lol

 For example...





Now i'm not gonna comment on every picture, however I have no choice but to point something out here. If somebody looks that far back just to stare you down and show you how much of a game this is not, that is a clear indicator that person does not give one nor two cares about anything, including themselves and needs to be avoided at all costs. Just trying to help you out.




The sad thing about this picture, is not the fact that he is a baby who is racing in a dangerous possibly fatal course with sharp turns that give you absolutely no space or time for a person with normal depth perception and medium to low hand eye coordination skills to drift...(sorry that got personal). The sad thing is that even this youngster isn't safe from Luigi's wrath. Even though it's technically him... but let's pretend forgive the whole space and time discrepancies and focus on the injustices this little one is about to suffer. 
So young... So alive... So unprepared...




Unfortunately in this one, I can't tell if they are mean mugging or smiling... you be the judge.



This final picture helped me to realize my ending point for this blog... 

This is no longer a game... It just got real!!! lol


Hey if you guys are enjoying any of my blog content please don't forget to COMMENT and SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAARE lol thanks so much.
To all my players I say. Game ON 

If you liked this, your gonna love this: It's Coming!!!

Check out my FIRST REVIEW!!!: The Sims 4 Review

No comments: